|By Business Wire||
|January 9, 2013 09:11 AM EST||
Salutron, Inc., today launched its newest consumer electronics products, the SmartHealth® C200 and C400 physiological monitors. The new C200 and C400 physiological monitoring products are the industry’s first all day monitoring solutions that integrate accurate biometric heart rate measurements for enhanced calorie tracking and activity monitoring. With the SmarthHealth C400 consumers can capture, hold and wirelessly transmit data to any Bluetooth Smart-enabled device including, smart phones and laptop computers allowing for true FreeLiving™ monitoring.
New SmartHealth C200 physiological monitor in black and orange. (Photo: Business Wire)
“Today marks the future of Salutron and what we are calling the FreeLiving consumer electronics market with the launch of the SmartHealth C-series products,” said Robert McClain, CEO of Salutron Technologies, Inc. “By leveraging Bluetooth technology and open platform data transfer API for application integration, we are providing consumers with a whole new way to interact with and take control of their health through smart physiological monitoring.”
The SmartHealth C400, available in May 2013, has standard Bluetooth Smart connectivity allowing the physiological monitoring device to interact with a wide variety of health, wellness and fitness applications on the market. The consumer devices also come standard with a fashionable, reversible 2-color band with a SureSnap locking mechanism for easy closure and SelfCenter connection to module. The modules can easily be removed from the wrist band for customizing with additional color options or optional belt clip.
Key Features of SmartHealth C200 and C400:
- Bluetooth® Smart Connectivity (C400 only): Easy and simple connectivity to Bluetooth Smart enabled devices.
- Connected Software Platform (C400 only): The C400 API enables connectivity to apps on smart phones, providing opportunity for new applications to be developed for SmartHealth devices.
- Heart Rate: Patented S-Pulse™ ECG accurate heart rate monitoring via simple press of stainless steel sensor button. No chest strap required.
- Calorie Tracking: All-day calorie monitoring via proprietary FreeLiving™ monitoring algorithm. Advanced algorithm that takes into account both body motion and heart rate to compute activity levels and energy expenditure (heart rate).
- Step Counting: Proprietary SmartStep technology recognizes walks, runs, activity without user intervention and SmartStep filtering eliminates step counting of non-stepping activities.
- Distance: Dynamic pace based distance adjusts stride length based on the speed of your pace. It recognizes steps, running and sprinting activities.
- Active Graphic Displays with 7-Day History: Easy, intuitive 3-button navigation with context driven display. Measured parameters automatically reset at midnight and offers independent daily goal setting.
- Independent Workout Mode: Track calories, steps, distance and workout time separately from daily tracking.
- Time Keeping: Time, day and date settings with AM/PM or 24-hour time format.
- Ultralow Power Monitoring: One year estimated battery life for FreeLiving.
Pricing and Availability:
The SmartHealth C200 is available today for a suggested retail price of $59.99 at leading retailers nationwide and via the Salutron web site at www.salutron.com. The SmartHealth C400 is available for pre-orders at CES and will be available at retailers nationwide in May 2013 with a suggested retail price of $99.99.
Salutron is showcasing the SmarthHealth C200 and C400 at 2013 International CES in Las Vegas, booth #26928. The company is hosting a launch party on January 9th from 5:30-7:30, poolside at the Westin Las Vegas. To RSVP to the launch party or to schedule a media interview and see the latest products from Salutron, please contact Aaron De Lucia at email@example.com or 512-241-2249.
About Salutron Technologies:
Salutron Technologies, Inc. develops physiological monitoring solutions for wearable devices and exercise equipment. The wearable devices, in band and watch form factors can be found in major retailers under private label brands or under Salutron's SmartHealth brand. Salutron also provide customized heart rate electronics to leading fitness equipment manufacturers. Salutron is privately held and based in Fremont, CA. More information on Salutron can be found at www.salutron.com.