|By Marketwired .||
|January 8, 2013 11:47 AM EST||
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/08/13 -- With the "fiscal cliff" finally behind us and the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 signed into law, TaxACT® tax forms and products are now up-to-date and available for preparing, printing and e-filing 2012 federal and state tax returns.
Written by CPAs and IRS enrolled agents, TaxACT's Q&A interview covers hundreds of deductions and credits to guide customers to their guaranteed maximum federal refund.
TaxACT provides instant, personalized help every step of the way in the enhanced Answer Center, online at taxact.com and with Audit Assistant. Customers can also email tax and audit questions to TaxPayer Support Specialists for free answers.
Free means free
All Americans, regardless of their income or the complexity of their returns, can prepare, print and e-file their 2012 federal taxes on the web or through downloadable products with TaxACT for free.
"We're debunking the myth that expensive tax filing solutions result in more accurate returns and bigger refunds," said TaxACT President JoAnn Kintzel. "TaxACT has the expert guidance and resource tools consumers need to prepare their own taxes with complete confidence."
TaxACT products are risk-free to try with guarantees for complete assurance: satisfaction, accuracy and maximum federal refund.
Easy and convenient tax filing
It's easier and faster than ever to prepare, print and e-file tax returns with TaxACT. Computer and tablet users can use their browsers to sign into their online returns 24/7. PC users can install TaxACT from a CD or download at www.taxact.com.
TaxACT's QuickConvert® feature makes it easy for all users to import tax documents or carry over information from last year's return, and TaxACT's W-2 and investment tools save extra time.
TaxACT 2012 also includes:
- An intelligent Q&A interview that breaks down complex tax law changes and covers hundreds of credits and deductions.
- Free import and data entry tools for last year's return, W-2 and investment data.
- Free tax and audit help in the Answer Center, online at www.taxact.com and via email. Live tax help via phone included with Deluxe.
- Extra tax guidance for more than 35 life events, including college, marriage, military service, home buying, and job changes.
- New and improved, easy-to-read and printable tax strategies, tips and explanations tailored to each interview question.
- New Deluxe Schedule K-1 import from TaxACT 1065 or 1120S returns.
- New Dependents Tax Assistant to help determine whether someone can be claimed as a dependent on your return.
- Deluxe also includes Donation Assistant® with audit-backed values to maximize deduction amounts for household and clothing donations, Tax Calculator for what-if scenarios, and TaxWatch 2013 for next year planning.
- Free College Financial Aid Worksheet with all tax information for the FAFSA.
Notification of your fast and guaranteed maximum refund
"The fastest path to your IRS refund is to take advantage of TaxACT's free e-file and choose direct deposit," Kintzel said. "You can also receive your refund on TaxACT's debit card for a fraction of the cost of other solutions."
After e-filing, TaxACT customers can check the status of e-filed returns and federal refund status 24/7 on your desktop, mobile phone and with TaxACT Central, a companion app for Android and Apple devices. TaxACT also offers email and text message notifications.
Affordable, bottom-line prices
It's always free to prepare, print and e-file a federal return with TaxACT Free Federal Edition. No restrictions, no bait and switch. Unlike other free solutions, TaxACT Free Federal Edition includes all e-fileable IRS forms to cover simple and complex returns.
Packed with imports, extra guidance and value-added features, TaxACT Deluxe offers the same value as products costing two or three times more. TaxACT Online Deluxe is $9.95 and downloadable Deluxe is $12.95.
Free Federal Edition users can file a state return for just $14.95, less than half the price of other state solutions. A state return with Deluxe is just $8. TaxACT State includes all part-year and non-resident forms, and Online State includes free e-file.
TaxACT Online Deluxe and State include TaxACT's Price Lock Guarantee. Whether you file today or on tax day, April 15, you're guaranteed the price advertised in the offer through which you registered.
TaxACT, made by 2nd Story Software®, is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the second-most visited online tax preparation destination for the past seven consecutive years(1). Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 38 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora (NASDAQ: BCOR). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
(1) According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 201, and 2011 tax seasons.
TaxACT Public Relations
(319) 373.3600 X2193