|By Marketwired .||
|December 17, 2012 08:00 AM EST|
BORDEAUX, FRANCE -- (Marketwire) -- 12/17/12 -- Organized by the Bordeaux & Bordeaux Supérieur Winemakers Association, also known as Planet Bordeaux, the "My Bordeaux Wine Is..." Online Video Festival is the place where wine producers are opening an entertaining and personal dialogue with others -- sharing their wines, bien sûr, but also a part of their lives, their art de vivre.
"70% of internet users watch videos online*," explained Bernard Farges, president of Planet Bordeaux. "We wanted to both encourage winemakers to express themselves through videos, and create a platform so that the public and professionals could view them and actively participate by casting their votes for their favorite videos." As the name "My Bordeaux Wine Is..." implies, producers are free to choose the theme and content, as long as the videos remain short (max. 3 minutes), educational and entertaining. Videos can be shot around an interview, tell the history of the family or the château, show a family recipe or favorite food & wine pairing... All submissions are in English, or in French with English subtitles.
The "My Bordeaux Wine Is..." video festival is open to all winemakers and merchants producing white, rosé, and red wines in the regional appellations of Bordeaux.
For its first edition, the online video festival will roll out in several stages:
1. All eligible videos** will be posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 on the Planet Bordeaux (English) Facebook page under the "My Bordeaux Wine Is... " tab where people can vote for their favorite videos. The page may also be accessed via the Planète Bordeaux (French) Facebook page, and the Planet Bordeaux websites: www.planet-bordeaux.com (English) and www.planete-bordeaux.fr (French).
2. Online voting by the general public will take place on the "My Bordeaux Wine Is... " Facebook page. Festival videos may also be viewed on www.youtube.com on the Planet Bordeaux channel.
3. People will be able to vote for their favorite videos from 12 midnight EST on Monday, December 17, 2012 until 12 midnight EST on Sunday, February 17, 2013. The video with the most Facebook votes will win the Viewers' Choice Grand Prize award. In addition to the general vote, Jury's Selection Awards will be bestowed to videos by a panel of American wine bloggers, sommeliers and educators.
4. All results of the "My Bordeaux Wine Is..." video festival, including information on the distribution of the wines in the U.S., will be announced on Monday, February 18, 2013 on the Planet Bordeaux Facebook page, as well as the Planet Bordeaux websites and via a press release.
5. Wines from the winning videos will be honored and available to taste during the second edition of A Goldmine of Planet Bordeaux Wines events on Tuesday, March 5, 2013 in New York City and Friday, April 19, 2013 in Chicago.
For press inquiries & technical information: Mike Wangbickler, Balzac Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel.: 1-707-255-7667
* Forrester Research, (2009). « North American Technographics », Empowerment Online Survey (275 000 personnes en Asie Pacifique, Europe et Amérique du Nord), Q4 2009.
** Festival rules and additional information on how to participate and vote may be found on the My Bordeaux Wine Is... Facebook tab.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2172161