|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 02:00 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxthon, a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers, today announced the release of Maxthon Cloud Browser (Preview), designed to provide users with a seamless and unified user experience across multiple devices and platforms. Maxthon Cloud Browser works on Windows, Mac OS, iOS and Android and goes beyond simply syncing bookmarks to enable users to access and push web content such as images, videos and text to and from any of their devices. Maxthon's new C4 Cloud Engine delivers these cloud services with lightning fast speed and maximum security. Maxthon Cloud Browser (Preview) is available now to download at www.maxthon.com.
"This rollout of Maxthon Cloud Browser marks a significant step for Maxthon in our development of a cloud-powered browser that integrates full-featured cloud services," said Jeff Chen, CEO of Maxthon. "It is our mission and the focus of our innovation in this post-PC era-when people are using multiple devices to access information-to lead the browser industry in giving users the ability to move effortlessly between their devices without any interruption in their browsing experience. With each platform interlocked through our C4 Cloud engine, information will flow seamlessly from device to device."
The unique features in Maxthon Cloud Browser (Preview) that set it apart from other browsers include:
- Cloud Push - With Maxthon Cloud and a Maxthon Passport account, users can push web content (text, images, videos) to and from any of their devices.
- Cloud Download - Maxthon Cloud backs up users' web downloads in the cloud, making it possible to access them locally and from any of their devices using any operating system.
- Cloud Engine - Maxthon Cloud Browser's engine, C4, is a fast and powerful pushing, storage and syncing engine that has high-performance cloud backup and syncing capabilities. With data encryption and a distributed architecture for storage, C4 protects users' privacy and secures their data.
- Unified User Experience - The most common actions and processes are standardized across devices and platforms. Maxthon Cloud Browser allows users easily to learn something once and then do it the same way on other devices.
Continuing in the tradition of Maxthon browsers, Maxthon Cloud Browser (Preview) offers:
- Lightning Fast Speed - Maxthon browsers have always rendered web pages with record-setting speed.
- Cross-Platform Sync - Maxthon Cloud Browser further simplifies the user experience by making the cross-platform syncing of browser tabs, bookmarks/favorites, history, and settings automatic and transparent to the user.
- HTML5 Leadership - Maxthon offers the most comprehensive support for the evolving standard of HTML5 of any desktop browser.
- Feature Rich - Maxthon Cloud Browser comes fully loaded with features not found in other browsers, such as the ability to view two websites at once (split screen) and the ability to switch between two rendering engines, which allows users to access pages optimized for one of the other.
"We began integrating cloud services into our browser in 2005 when we were the first to enable users to sync their bookmarks/favorites between desktop computers," said Jay Shen, vice president of engineering for Maxthon. "Today's launch of Maxthon Cloud Browser takes seamless web browsing to an all new level, introducing more cloud services across more devices, and we have plans to take it even further."
About Maxthon Ltd.
Founded in 2005, Maxthon Ltd is a global software company that develops state-of-the-art web browsers that regularly outperform other top browsers. Committed to high standards for innovation, the Maxthon suite of browsers supports a wide range of devices from desktops to mobile. Maxthon browsers are used each month by more than 100 million people in 140 countries around the globe. Maxthon has offices in San Francisco, Hong Kong and Beijing. For more information about Maxthon, please visit www.maxthon.com.
EDITORS, PLEASE NOTE: To request an interview with a Maxthon spokesperson or to review a demo of Maxthon Cloud Browser (Preview), please contact Tarah Beaven at 415.359.2306 / [email protected].