|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 11:14 AM EST||
Organized as part of the CARTES trade show, the SESAMES Awards rewarded the most innovative projects in 10 categories. For the first time this year, the SESAMES Discovery will give an award to the best innovation presented by a start-up company.
In 2012, the finalist projects honored the NFC applications but also the security in the Cloud, to optimize the increasing convergence between mobility and security.
The SESAMES Awards’ finalists will be presented at CARTES in the SESAMES Area, hall 4.
Discover the 11 winners:
- NXP with Next Generation NFC Radio Controller
- Intrinsic-ID with Saturnus ®
Identification / ID Cards / Health
- Sunward Telecom Limited with 13.56 MHz RF-SIM
- Morpho with EMV Pro Digit
- Infineon Technologies AG with Security Controller for Transport Applications
Banking / Retail / Loyalty
- Toro Development Ltd with Akami Suite
Trusted Internet / Authentication
- NXP Semiconductors Austria GmbH with Mobile POS for eTicket and stored value reload
- Oberthur Technologies with Multi-brand NFC Payment Wallet
- Giesecke&Devrient with Portigo
Manufacturing & tests
- Gemalto with PrintPixel
- RCDEVS SARL with OpenOTP/TiQR Authentication Server
The SESAMES Awards reward the best technological innovations in terms of smart cards, digital security, identification, secure transactions and contactless since 1995.
The projects submitted are presented to 38 jury members, international experts recognized in their field, who choose the finalists and the winners of the SESAMES Awards, in total impartiality and confidentiality of entries, thus highlighting the most dynamic and most ingenious companies.
To follow the trade show in real time:
- follow us on Twitter "@_cartes" and on our blog www.blogcartes.com
- visit our website: www.cartes.com
If you want to interview the spokesperson of one of the companies who won a SESAMES Award, do not hesitate to contact us.
About CARTES 2012:
The CARTES 2012 show, taking place from 6 to 8 November at the Parc des Expositions in Paris-Nord Villepinte, is the world's leading event in smart technologies for security, payment, identification and mobility. With 143 countries represented, 450 exhibitors and 140 conferences with international experts, CARTES 2012 is an essential trade show for all the players in this highly dynamic market. This year, for its 27th edition, CARTES 2012 is putting the spotlight on India.