|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 03:03 AM EST||
LONDON, November 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Chair of the UK's largest independent schools organisation says a 'lack of understanding' from politicians continues to undermine the work of the sector.
Dr Chris Ray, Chair of HMC (Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference), said "Politicians do not seem to understand the independent sector, they don't even understand what independence is. But how can someone deeply immersed in the controlling arena of politics what genuine independence is?"
The news comes as video producer ITN Productions launched a brand new Education News channel in an exclusive partnership with HMC.
HMC Membership Secretary Ian Power said that the channel would enhance the way HMC communicates with not only its own members, but with decision-makers across education and politics.
"We're really excited by our collaboration with ITN Productions on this new channel. ITN is known all over the world for the quality of its journalism. We're really confident that we'll be able to create better understanding of the valuable contribution independent schools make to the education system," he said.
The brand new channel discusses new innovations in education; what different schools and colleges are doing to enhance pupils' experience; successful community partnership programmes and examples of teaching excellence that improve performance in a cost effective manner. It also provides reports on current education issues including the recent exams controversy, university admissions and improving social mobility.
To see the full interview and more exclusive content from the sector's leading schools and organisations please visit the ITN Education News channel: http://www.educationnews.itn.co.uk/
Education News from ITN Productions includes further reports about:
- An international school that thinks 'outside the box' when it comes to delivering its curriculum. The British School of Brussels launches it first ever bi-lingual teaching stream.
- A school that makes sure its pupils are more than just exam candidates, Framlingham College, where the watchword is 'quality': click here
- St Albans Schools Partnership Scheme Involves pupils in the community, offering lifelong learning and social skills which give back to the local area: click here
- Independent schools must start the process of enrolling every member of staff in an occupational pension scheme. The Pensions Trust estimates that up to 80% of support staff will need to be enrolled: click here
- Providing healthy meals for pupils, food broker Allmanhall, works on behalf of schools to source the very best produce and provide the best support: click here
- Graysons; a catering company that brings a genuine restaurant experience to school kitchens with trained chefs and a passion for great produce: click here
Education News is the latest industry channel from ITN Productions' corporate production team, which works with trade bodies and associations to deliver high-quality news programming for individual vertical business sectors, producing videos about key industry topics, sharing best practice and updating on industry developments.
Education News enquiries: Duncan Gunstone, Head of Corporate Production, ITN Productions, +44(0)20-7430-4546 or email [email protected]
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the HMC: HMC (Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference) is the professional association that represents the Heads of many of the world's leading independent schools.
For media enquiries please contact the HMC press office:
Heidi Salmons email: [email protected]
Dick Davison email: [email protected]