|By PR Newswire||
|November 5, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The newly appointed Chair of the British Bankers' Association (BBA), says that 'collaboration' is the key to continuing economic recovery as well as restoring the public's faith in banking.
Sir Nigel Wicks was speaking exclusively to ITN Banking News, a brand new channel from ITN Productions and the BBA launched today, aimed at sharing best practice and featuring some of the biggest and most influential names in the banking sector.
Sir Nigel said there is a need for the financial sector to radically change the way it operates and behaves, as well as regenerating the sector from the inside out to restore customer, political, investor and community trust.
"I am honoured to have been asked to take on the role of BBA chairman. In this country and at this time, this vitally important industry is working to rebuild its reputation with its customers and to play its full part in restoring the UK's financial stability and helping to drive its economic recovery. I am delighted to take on this challenge, and look forward to working with Anthony Browne and his team," he said.
To see the full interview and more exclusive content from the industry's leading organisations please visit the ITN Banking News channel: http://www.bankingnews.itn.co.uk
Banking News from ITN Productions includes reports about:
- BBA's Chairman, Sir Nigel Wicks, talks about his new role and what can be done to restore peoples' trust in banking: click here
- The Business Finance Taskforce, which developed new initiatives on bank support for SMEs. Irene Graham, BBA's MD for Business Finance and Strategy, talks about the Taskforce's recommendations: click here
- KPMG's Bill Michael, UK Head of Financial Service, on how current problems are due to behaviours and that banks need to work collaboratively with a common source of values : click here
- A new Redress Manager system from Exasoft that calculates PPI claims saving businesses' time and money: click here
- Leading network company, Cisco, believes banks can help re-gain the trust of their customers by using new personal technology: click here
- Dow Jones helps guide financial institutions through sanctions and regulations, to help them meet regulatory obligations and protect their reputations: click here
- Senior bankers meet regularly at Bangor Business School to share good practice and to build powerful networks aimed to help rebuild the professionalism of the banking industry: click here
- Clarity and rigour in tax reporting; Longview's new system calculates the most complex figures, removing the need for time consuming spreadsheets: click here
Banking News is the latest industry channel from ITN Productions' corporate production team, which works with trade bodies and associations to deliver high-quality news programming for individual vertical business sectors, producing videos about key industry topics, sharing best practice and updating on industry developments.
Banking News enquiries: Duncan Gunstone, Head of Corporate Production, ITN Productions,
Tel: +44(0)20-7430-4546 or email: Duncan.firstname.lastname@example.org
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the BBA: The BBA is the leading trade association for the UK banking and financial services sector. We speak for over 200 member banks from 60 countries on the full range of UK and international banking issues.
For media enquiries please contact the BBA's press office:
Business hours: +44(0)20-7216-8989
SOURCE ITN Productions